Since last week’s ” 5 Things to do this weekend under $10 ” blog post was such a success I decided to start a new Friday blog series titled ” Friday Finds“. Some weeks will include events happening that weekend while others will include some of my favorite staycation spots, restaurants, shopping destinations, best places for playdates and whatever else comes to mind!
This weekend seems to have quite a bit on the go from activities with the kids to Atlantic Canada’s biggest bridal show to fine dining at its best!
Here’s 5 things to do this weekend in Halifax.
1) The foodie in me gets excited every year when Dine Around and Savour Food & Wine Show come around! Every year, participating restaurants across the province (mostly in Halifax) showcase a variety of Nova Scotian product and creativity at a reasonable price during Dine Around which runs from January 15th to March 15th, 2018. This is a great opportunity to try restaurants that may otherwise be out of your price range as most restaurants have a set 3/4 course meal ranging in price from $25-$45. For the full list of participating restaurants check out Dine Around .
2) Are you getting married in 2018? With over 30 years running, Brides 2018 is Atlantic Canada’s largest wedding show and is taking place at the newly open Halifax Convention Centre . Having attended this wedding show prior to my wedding I can say that it’s the place to be when planning! With over 135 exhibitors you will be able to chat with any required vendors to help you plan the perfect wedding day! You will find: Florists, Photographers, Jewellers, Bridal Fashions, Wedding Planners, Wedding Decorators, Tuxedos, Catering Services, Wedding Cakes, Honeymoon & Wedding Destination Travel, Gift Registries, Hair & Make-up Specialists, DJ Services, and so much more. Entry is $15 (Cash) at the door.
3) Looking for something fun to do with the kids? Pier 21 is getting excited about the upcoming Olympics and has a fun-filled day planned for the whole family! For all the details for the Winters Games Fun Day at Pier 21 check out their Facebook event page.
4) Do you love listening to live music? In the Dead of Winter festival is happening this weekend! In the Dead of Winter festival is a songwriter based festival that is held annually in Halifax. The Halifax festival began in 2006 with one small stage and eleven artists. Check out this year’s schedule.
5) Animal lover? Check out Meet a Sloth! Halifax – Diversity of Living Things! happening at the Halifax forum and hosted by Little Ray’s Reptile Zoo. It looks like a super fun day and honestly how often can you meet a sloth?
Once again if you decide to take any of my suggestions please feel free to tag me in your pictures and stories! I’d love to see your adventures.
Have any specific Top 5’s you’d like to see in the future? Let me know!
Until next time,